The UAA Justice Center has contributed to the development of justice administration in Alaska through research, education and community service since 1975. Recognizing a mission to promote understanding of the justice system throughout both rural and urban Alaska, Justice Center staff conduct research in the areas of crime, law, law enforcement, and the administration of both civil and criminal justice.
Learn more about Justice Center research.
Search for Justice Center research products:
Current & ongoing projects
- Alaska Court System Training Video (JC 9418). Antonia Moras. Alaska Court System. 1994.
- Alaska Criminal Statute Cross–Reference
Guide (JC 9017). Allan R. Barnes. Alaska Justice Statistical Analysis
Unit. Annually 1990–1996.
- Alaska Department of Corrections Personnel Survey (JC 8408). N.E. Schafer. Alaska Department of Corrections. 1984–1985.
- Alaska Department of Public Safety
Project (JC 9506). John E. Angell. Alaska Department of Public Safety.
- Alaska Division of Juvenile Justice Probation Workload and Caseload Study (JC 0902). André B. Rosay. Alaska Division of Juvenile Justice.
- Alaska Methamphetamine Education Project Evaluation (JC 0904). Marny Rivera. Municipality of Anchorage. 2009.
- Alaska Native Justice Center Partnership (JC 9501.03). Robert H. Langworthy. Through a gift from Cook Inlet Region,
- Alaska Native Technical and Resource
Center (ANTARC) (JC 9915). Robert H. Langworthy, Lisa Rieger, Darryl
Wood, Michael Jennings. Bureau of Justice Assistance. 1998–2000.
- Alaska Natives: Careers in Corrections.
(JC 9501.05). John Riley. Through a gift from Cook Inlet Region, Inc.
- Alaska Offender–Based Transaction
Statistics (OBTS) (JC 8620, 8716, 8805, 8921, 9111). Allan R. Barnes.
- Alaska's Participation in the Interstate Compact for Probation and Parole (JC 8706). N.E. Schafer. 1986–1987.
- Alaska Rural Justice (JC 0510). Antonia Moras. 2004–2006.
- Alaska State Victim Assistant Academy Needs Assessment Survey (JC 0907). André Rosay. Victims for Justice. 2009.
- Alaska Victim Assistance Academy Evaluation (JC 1104). Khristy Parker. Alaska Victim Assistance Academy. 2010.
- Alaska Village Justice/Alaska Village Police Training (JC 7804, JC 7909, JC 8109). John E. Angell. Alaska Criminal Justice Planning Agency. 1978–1979.
- Alcohol Control and Alaska Natives: From the Russians to Statehood (JC 8617). Stephen Conn and Antonia Moras. Alaska Historical Commission. 1986.
- Analysis of Citizen Opinions Concerning
the North Slope Borough Department of Public Safety (NSBDPS) (JC
9406). John E. Angell. North Slope Department of Public Safety. 1993.
- Analysis of Data for an Evaluation of Court Processing of
Domestic Violence Protection Orders (JC 0512). Darryl S. Wood. Alaska Judicial Council. 2005.
- Anchorage 2008 Interim Community Assessment Secondary Data Collection (JC 0905). Sharon Chamard. United Way of Anchorage. 2008–2009.
- Anchorage Adult Criminal Victimization
Survey (JC 0109). N.E. Schafer and Matthew Giblin. Bureau of Justice
- Anchorage Community Indicators (JC 0509). Robert H. Langworthy and Brad A. Myrstol. Justice Center,
University of Alaska Anchorage. 2003–2005.
- Anchorage Community Survey 2005 (JC 0508.01). Robert H. Langworthy and Brad A. Myrstol. Justice Center,
University of Alaska Anchorage. 2004–2005.
- Anchorage Community Survey 2007 (JC 0508.02). Shel Llee Flexman–Evans. Justice Center,
University of Alaska Anchorage. 2006–2009.
- Anchorage Wellness Court Annual Report (JC 0418, 0605). Allan McKelvie. Partners for Progress. 2004–2006.
- Anchorage Wellness Court
Evaluation (JC 0404). Ronald S. Everett. National Institute of Justice. 2003–2009. Research partners: Alaska Judicial Council, Urban Institute.
- Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring
(ADAM) Project (JC 0001). Robert H. Langworthy. National Institute
of Justice; Abt Associates. 1999–2003.
- Assessment of CANS. (JC 0006).
N.E. Schafer, Matthew Giblin. Anchorage Police Department, Alaska Division of Juvenile
- Assessing the External Validity of Anchorage ADAM Data: Third Quarter
2000 – Second Quarter 2002 (JC 0310). Robert H. Langworthy. National
Institute of Justice. 2002.
- Assessment of Minority
Youth Overrepresentation in the Alaska Juvenile Justice System (JC
0502.02). André Rosay and Ronald Everett. National Institute
of Justice. 2005–2007.
- Assessment of Native Participation in State Court Child Welfare Cases (JC 9218). Lisa Rieger. UAA Faculty Development Grant. 1992–1993.
- Fairbanks Gang Assessment (JC 1005). André B. Rosay. Alaska Division of Juvenile Justice. 2009–2010.
- Fairview Street Redesign and Crime: An Evaluation (JC 0212). Allan
R. Barnes. University of Alaska Anchorage. 2002.
- Judicial Candidates Evaluation Surveys (JC 9005). Robert H. Langworthy. Alaska Judicial Council. As judicial
- Judicial Retention Election Surveys (JC 9213, 9410, 9612, 9819, 0021). Robert H. Langworthy. Alaska Judicial
Council. 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000.
- Justice Data Base Directory (JC 8725, 8810, 9009, 9112, 9303). Antonia Moras. 1988, 1989, 1990,
- Juvenile Offense Behavior in Southcentral Alaska (JC 8934). N.E. Schafer. Alaska Division of Family and Youth
- Juvenile Justice and
Delinquency Prevention Jail Monitoring [project] (JC 8906,
9004, 9106, 9119, 9229, 9420, 9503, 9611, 9701, 9802, 9909, 0002,
0108, 0206). N.E. Schafer. Alaska Division of Family and Youth
Services (FY 1989–1999), Alaska Division of Juvenile Justice
(FY 2000–2001). Annual 1987–2001.