The UAA Justice Center has contributed to the development of justice administration in Alaska through research, education and community service since 1975. Recognizing a mission to promote understanding of the justice system throughout both rural and urban Alaska, Justice Center staff conduct research in the areas of crime, law, law enforcement, and the administration of both civil and criminal justice.
Learn more about Justice Center research.
Search for Justice Center research products:
- Assessing the External Validity of Anchorage ADAM Data: Third Quarter
2000 – Second Quarter 2002 (JC 0310). Robert H. Langworthy. National
Institute of Justice. 2002.
- Crime Problem Solutions
in Public Housing (JC 0308). Allan R. Barnes and Robert H. Langworthy.
East Anchorage Weed & Seed. 2002–2004.
- Campus Crime (JC 0304). Allan
R. Barnes. University of Alaska Anchorage. Annually 2002–2005.
- Alaska Native Technical and Resource
Center (ANTARC) (JC 9915). Robert H. Langworthy, Lisa Rieger, Darryl
Wood, Michael Jennings. Bureau of Justice Assistance. 1998–2000.
- Child Welfare and Alaska Native
Tribal Governance: A Pilot Project in Kake, Alaska (JC 9910). Lisa
Rieger. National Science Foundation. 1998–1999.
- Community Jails Statewide Research
Consortium (JC 9902). N.E. Schafer. National Institute of Justice.
- Turnover Among Alaska Village Public Safety Officers (VPSOs): An Examination of the Factors Associated with Attrition (JC 9901). Darryl S. Wood. National Institute of Justice. 1998–2000.
- Criminal Justice Systems Project (JC 9817). Robert H. Langworthy. National Institue of Corrections. 1997–1998.
- Brady Statute Data: Establishing
Noncriminal Classifications for the Alaska Department of Public Safety (JC 9615). Lawrence C. Trostle. Bureau of Justice Statistics. 1996–1999.
- Alaska Department of Public Safety
Project (JC 9506). John E. Angell. Alaska Department of Public Safety.
- Alaska Natives: Careers in Corrections.
(JC 9501.05). John Riley. Through a gift from Cook Inlet Region, Inc.
- Alaska Native Justice Center Partnership (JC 9501.03). Robert H. Langworthy. Through a gift from Cook Inlet Region,
- Alaska Court System Training Video (JC 9418). Antonia Moras. Alaska Court System. 1994.
- Victim-Offender Mediation Project (JC 9416). Lawrence C. Trostle and Patrick Cunningham. 1994–1995.
- Analysis of Citizen Opinions Concerning
the North Slope Borough Department of Public Safety (NSBDPS) (JC
9406). John E. Angell. North Slope Department of Public Safety. 1993.
- Assessment of Native Participation in State Court Child Welfare Cases (JC 9218). Lisa Rieger. UAA Faculty Development Grant. 1992–1993.
- University of Alaska Implementation of the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990 (CACSA) (JC
9207). Robert H. Langworthy. University of Alaska Anchorage, University of Alaska Southeast. Annual 1992–2001.
- Comments on Proposed CCH Statutes (JC 9203). Lawrence C. Trostle. Alaska Department of Public Safety. 1991.
- Cordova Center Analysis (JC 9120). N.E. Schafer. Allvest, Inc. 1991.
- Child Support Study (JC 9107). N.E. Schafer. Alaska Women's Commission. 1990–1991.
- Criminal Justice Statistics Clearinghouse
(SAC) [#2] (JC 9102, 9205, 9305). Allan R. Barnes. Bureau of Justice
- Alaska Criminal Statute Cross–Reference
Guide (JC 9017). Allan R. Barnes. Alaska Justice Statistical Analysis
Unit. Annually 1990–1996.
- Fairbanks Gang Assessment (JC 1005). André B. Rosay. Alaska Division of Juvenile Justice. 2009–2010.
- Fairview Street Redesign and Crime: An Evaluation (JC 0212). Allan
R. Barnes. University of Alaska Anchorage. 2002.
- Judicial Candidates Evaluation Surveys (JC 9005). Robert H. Langworthy. Alaska Judicial Council. As judicial
- Judicial Retention Election Surveys (JC 9213, 9410, 9612, 9819, 0021). Robert H. Langworthy. Alaska Judicial
Council. 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000.
- Justice Data Base Directory (JC 8725, 8810, 9009, 9112, 9303). Antonia Moras. 1988, 1989, 1990,
- Juvenile Offense Behavior in Southcentral Alaska (JC 8934). N.E. Schafer. Alaska Division of Family and Youth
- Juvenile Justice and
Delinquency Prevention Jail Monitoring [project] (JC 8906,
9004, 9106, 9119, 9229, 9420, 9503, 9611, 9701, 9802, 9909, 0002,
0108, 0206). N.E. Schafer. Alaska Division of Family and Youth
Services (FY 1989–1999), Alaska Division of Juvenile Justice
(FY 2000–2001). Annual 1987–2001.